);background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; margin:0; color:#ffcc66; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; );background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; margin:0; color:#ffcc66; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:visited { color:#f866ff; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ffffff; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ffcc66; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #ffcc66; text-align: center; color:#ffffff; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 261% Verdana, sans-serif; } #header a { color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#ffffff; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: italic bold 276% Verdana, sans-serif; color: #f2984c; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 110% Verdana, sans-serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 95% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#66dbff; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ffcc66; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#ffffff; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#ffffff; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#ffcc66; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#66dbff; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ffcc66; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #66dbff; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #fcb3ff; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #ffcc66; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #ffcc66; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #66dbff; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Monday, January 28, 2008

Just starting out

So I am new at this blogger thing. I love keeping up with my friends and family this way, so I hope you all enjoy keeping up with us via the blogging way.

To catch up with the past few months....

Kayson started 5th Grade August 2007. He likes his teacher, Mrs. Stringham (a girl I went to school with) and at first it seemed like he would only have one friend, Kayden Nostrom, in his class, but he soon made many friends. Besides the fight (an actual fist fight) he was in with his cousin, 5th grade is going well. (more to that story) He still takes piano lessons (which he wants to quit but is so good at it I hate to let him). He also enjoys scouts and they do many fun things and his leaders are amazing! Kayson also likes to skateboard and is learning how to snowboard this winter. It is harder than he expected. It's not at easy to learn as the skiing was for him. He finally had to get the glasses so he can see better. I think he likes having them. (Give him awhile) Kayson is a good kid and I am blessed to have him as my son.










Kayson playing in the river on camping trip.











My Boy....so grown up.

Shaylee is in pre-school again this year. She missed Kindergarten by 26 days. She loves Mrs. Rigby's pre-school and has many friends (and one "boyfriend"). When Shaylee and Caden go on field trips she is always holding his hand. She is very dominating. I think we are going to have our hands full! Caden played kickball with her last fall. Mom was the coach and we had a blast! She is liking the skiing thing again this year and sometimes goes way too fast down the hill that it makes me nervous. I have to remind her to slow down. Shaylee got her ears pierced January 23rd and they look very cute on her. She is really good at taking care of them. She had a nightmare last night. She woke up crying that she dreamed we had to move out of Grandma's house. It was pretty funny. I hope she isn't that upset when we actually do. She also started dance classes last fall. She had her first review in December. It was darling. I will try to post the video. She is so much fun and keeps us laughing.









Shay, the monster Kickball player!
















Shaylee and her pose.

I have kept busy this past year. Last October I started going to school in web design. It was fun to learn and soon I will be keeping up the website for my job. I love learning all the new things that come with my job. I love skiing almost every weekend. It's nice to be able to feed my passion again after 13 years in Arizona. I am not very good at driving in this crazy snow yet. I wrecked my car the Friday before Christmas just after the first snow storm. It was very slick and as everyone came to a quick stop I hit the car in front of me. I was glad the BIG TRUCK behind me missed me because I had all the Christmas presents in the trunk. Shaylee was with me and everyone was ok, but a few days later when we were going to town I slowed down to make a turn and she told me "Mom, I think you are getting the hang of this". When I asked "hang of what" she proceeded to tell me "the hang of driving". Ha Ha Shay!

Brian has had a cow run over him and messed up his knee this winter. He usually works local and is home almost every night or at least everyday. Shaylee loves to go on the truck with her Dad. He went skiing with us for the first time this past Saturday. It was a warm, beautiful day and was nice to have the entire family go.


We all love being close to all the family. We enjoy seeing the Grandkids when we can and Kayson loves playing "UNCLE". Lorenzo just adores him. They are all so much fun!








Kayson & Lorenzo on camping trip.










The whole family at the Ward Campout.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Yeah!! I am the first to comment!! I love the blog....and your kids are adorable!! I'm glad to see your kids are doing well. I know my mom and dad would love to see this. My mom has been wanting to blog...she opened one but I'm not sure she's sent it out. : ) Anyway, it was good to here for you and see pictures. Take care.
Love, Mary

Sherine said...

It's about time! Now we can really keep in touch!