Last Friday my baby turned 6! Where have the years gone? Her day started out with of course, "Breakfast in Bed". I was room-Mom for school and we brought all her class treats. Then we came home and I made her work so hard for her birthday cleaning the house. Her and Kayson were such great helpers that day. Then she had dance. We once again took treats to her class. Then when we got home, Jason and Julie and the family were there. (They were staying the night) I was also lucky enough to get to watch Joe and Amber's 4 kids for the evening. They all had so much fun playing night games with the BIG KID "Jason". It was a fun evening. At around 10:pm, Kayson went grocery shopping with me. He stayed up until 1:30am baking her cupcakes. (He had to get lab points by cooking at home for his FACS class in school). He did such a great job and the cupcakes were yummy!



Then on Saturday the REAL party started. We were up early to get the gang all ready for her party. I wasn't quite sure just how many were coming. See, Shaylee kept inviting anyone she knew at school, soccer, church...you name it she invited them. Yes, we had our talk about that, but by this time it was too late. Everyone was invited. Lucky I made just enough thank you bags and had just enough balloons for each of the kids. She has been so excited to have a party and turn 6 you just don't know. We were lucky to have great weather this year and had a HUGE party at the local park. She had 22 friends (which included cousins and her nieces & nephews). I think the only thing she REALLY wanted to do at the party was have a pinata. That was all she talked about for weeks. We played a couple of games, decorated cupcake and broke the pinata. Fun was had by all.
We continued the day sharing it with my step-son and step-daughter and their families at the house. I think Shaylee, Claire and Kinzy had a blast with all the make-up and fun presents Shay received. Risa stayed Saturday night with us. It was so much fun to have the family all together. Thanks you guys! We sure love all of you!

Shay in her Hannah Montana hair piece. Super Star!
Thanks to all who came and celebrated her special day. Even those who continued to drop by over the weekend. It was a fun filled three days for her!
1 comments:
We had so much FUN! Thank you for inviting us up.
Post a Comment