);background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; margin:0; color:#ffcc66; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; );background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; margin:0; color:#ffcc66; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:visited { color:#f866ff; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ffffff; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ffcc66; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #ffcc66; text-align: center; color:#ffffff; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 261% Verdana, sans-serif; } #header a { color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#ffffff; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: italic bold 276% Verdana, sans-serif; color: #f2984c; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 110% Verdana, sans-serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 95% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#66dbff; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ffcc66; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#ffffff; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#ffffff; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#ffcc66; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#66dbff; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ffcc66; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #66dbff; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #fcb3ff; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #ffcc66; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #ffcc66; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #66dbff; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Prayers, Faith & Family

Monday night was the worst night of my life. I went to bed at 9:30pm with the kids and around 10:50pm my Mother called me from her phone upstairs and asked me to come up there. I asked her if she was ok and she said no. I ran and got her blood tester and her sugar level was 298 which wasn't so bad that she should be feeling like she was so I went and grabbed her insulin. She just kept telling me she felt like she was going to pass out and that she had just woke up on the floor before she called me. Just as I handed it to her she rolled her eyes back and went into convulsions. Seizure I guess. I quickly dialed 911. She came back and before the paramedics came she had gone into 3 seizures. I thought I lost her on the last one. By the time they arrived her blood sugar level was over 400. Her heart was only beating 20 bpm and it should be around 70-80 bpm. Brian had just left that morning for a horseback camping trip deep into the Uintas's with his brother. Only the kids and I were there. Living in the middle of the block they had a hard time finding the house and woke up our neighbor which is in the bishopric of our ward and came down as soon as they arrived to help. As they arrived I called my brother that lived the closest and he came as they were taking her to the hospital. My sister and two of my brothers and my Sis-in-law came to the hospital. The upper part of her heart was not working. They put in a temporary pacer and during that process we lost her. They did CPR for 40 minutes and were able to bring her back. Around 3:00am they life-flighted her to SLC. The Logan Doctor did not give us much hope that she would survive. They even called the Social Worker (which I knew and was glad she was there for us) and they don't do that unless they think they won't make it. By the time she arrived in SLC her sugar level was over 700. Her protein and potassium was extremely high also. My Mother is faithful about taking her meds and is good with her diet so we have no idea what set this off. This is day two at the hospital in CCU. Yesterday after a blessing and many prayers her heart was working on it's own and when we left last night she was breathing on her own with minimal help. Today they have removed both the pacer and breathing tube. Finally she can talk. The only pain she is having is her chest where they beat the hell out of her saving her life. Thank heaven they did! All tests came back negative and they can't explain what happened, but they say it is a miracle she has recovered as quickly as she has. She will continue to be in the hospital in CCU for a couple more days.

I am so thankful she had her phone by her and that I was there. She never would have made it otherwise. Most of you know how much I love my Mother and know I don't know what I would do if I lost her. She is the best Mother and Grandmother. Keep her and our family in your prayers. I am glad we as a family could all be there for her and each other. That meant a lot to her.

6 comments:

the letter "J" said...

Oh my gosh, that is so scary! My heart goes out to you all. That is so frightening that they don't know what set it off. We will definitely keep you all in our prayers!

Love you all!
Julie

Kristen said...

I'm so grateful that Freda is making a major turn for the better. I sure do love and appreciate her. Over the years, she's helped me in SO many ways and I don't know how to ever thank her enough. All I know is we're not ready to let her go back home to Heavenly Father. So, Freda, Your stuck here with us...WE LOVE YOU!!! Get feeling better and we will see you on Friday.

Mary said...

Aren't you glad we have the priesthood? I don't know what I'd do without it!! I'm so glad she was with you!! I'll add her to my prayer list!! I think when it rains it pours...I seem to have a LONG list of people that need to be kept in my prayers!! I guess I need to be grateful for a little broken nose!!

Chris, Crystal and Logan said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you...Hope all get better for you and your family.

Dina said...

Oh my goodness, Sheri, that is so scary. Hugs & love, and lots of happy healing wishes to your mom.

John & Tresa Martindale said...

Oh Sheri!!!! I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. You are so strong and such a support. God absolutley works miracles and its scary moments like this that offer that reminder. I will pray for her recovery and send your family all of our good energy. You are a gift to your family and your mother is blessed to have you!!
Much love and peace
Tresa