);background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; margin:0; color:#ffcc66; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; );background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; margin:0; color:#ffcc66; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:visited { color:#f866ff; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ffffff; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ffcc66; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #ffcc66; text-align: center; color:#ffffff; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 261% Verdana, sans-serif; } #header a { color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#ffffff; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: italic bold 276% Verdana, sans-serif; color: #f2984c; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 110% Verdana, sans-serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 95% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#66dbff; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ffcc66; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#ffffff; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#ffffff; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#ffcc66; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#66dbff; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ffcc66; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #66dbff; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #fcb3ff; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #ffcc66; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #ffcc66; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #66dbff; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 24, 2008

It was 16 years ago today my Dad passed away. I think of him so much and wish he was still here with us. How would my life be if he was here? Would my family have stayed close like we were as kids? Who knows, but I do know he would love the Grandkids so much. He would have taught each of them to fish and to enjoy life to its fullest. He taught me that family was the most important thing in life and they are the only ones that will be there in the end. Friends come and go but family is the most important thing. I love my family. I hope they all know just how much. Sometimes I think he is looking down on us in disappointment. I think we all need to try harder. I love you Dad! You are missed dearly!





So today is a holiday in Utah. It is Pioneer Day. I am lucky enough to have Thurs. & Fri. off work. Government jobs are great! I planned to clean and get some things done around the house. NOT! Joe brought his kids over so Amber could get some sleep and we took the kids to the Logan Pool and had a blast! We then went and got Casper's Ice Cream...yum yum! Then we went home to get Grandma and went to the movie. We saw "A Journey to the Center of the Earth". It was a good movie. Better than I expected. After the movie we came home and did the Sparkler and Poppers thing. We got out the glow necklaces and had some celebration fun! Neighbors were doing the BIG fireworks. Glad they do them so we can enjoy them because I am too scared to light them off and I don't want to get caught anyway since they are usually the illegal ones they light off. My Sister happened to stop by and ate lunch with us. It was great to spend time with family today. Thanks Joe for coming by. It was much more fun to do what we did than to clean!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I SO badly wish that I would have had the opportunity to meet your dad! After all...it is the father of my Husband. The stories of Jim always make me think that he was such a fun man to be around. Very happy and loved his family. I think I told you...Once, I had a dream that I met him. Some day it will happen. I think you're right about him watching over everyone. I think he would be proud of a lot of things that each of his kids have done.

Sheri said...

I am sure he is proud of many things we have done. I don't doubt that. He was a funny man to be with. Always happy. Thanks for your comment.

amber said...

Thanks for entertaining my family. I will be SO happy to NOT have to sleep during the day anymore! They all had a great time. And I agree...I never met your dad either, but I KNOW he would have LOVED his grandkids!

Mary said...

That was a sweet post! He sounds like he was a great man. Cute pictures of the kids!!